The Moretown Memorial Library lends chromebooks to patrons 16 years and older for two hours at a time to meet the educational, cultural, technological, and recreational needs of the community. The chromebook allows patrons to log into their personal Google account, or as a guest, to browse the internet when connected to a WiFi signal. By checking out a chromebook, you affirm that you understand and agree to the following terms:
• The loan period is for two hours on a first-come, first-serve basis. Laptops may be renewed for an additional two hours if there is no waitlist.
• The borrower must return the laptop to a staff member at the end of the checkout period. Staff will check the equipment and accessories to ensure proper working order when you borrow and return. Patrons will be required to wait while the item is inspected and checked in.
• The patron agrees to pay for the loss of, or damage to, any item loaned with the laptop and further agrees to accept the Library’s assessment of fair restitution for damage, dirtiness, delinquency, and/or loss of items in part or in total. The restitution amount could equal, but will not exceed, the full replacement cost of the item ($500.00).
• Library equipment shall not be used for any illegal activity.
• The Library will not reimburse borrowers for any purchases made on the device.
• Each device is configured with a specific operating system and suite of applications. No additional software may be installed or downloaded. Please do not access or modify the operating system or any other software, including bypassing security functions.
• The Library is not responsible for damage to any removable drive or loss of data that may occur due to malfunctioning hardware or software. The Library is not responsible for any computer viruses that may be transferred to or from user storage devices.
• Users wishing to save files they have created must back them up to USB drives or personal internet-based accounts. All created files must be wiped clean from the laptop when you return it.
• To avoid any issues with future lending of electronic devices from the Library, please contact the Library if there is a concern about damage, loss, or if something unforeseen happens. We would like to work with you and support your needs!